Pursuant to the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) of European Union, we are committed to protect your data and put you in control. We have updated and will periodically update our Privacy Notice in line with GDPR. See our latest version of the Privacy Notice.
Feeling Happiness, Combat Power 100%!
Our goal is to become a happy enterprise that provides a safe workplace for our employees. We are committed to building a transparent and open corporate culture that emphasizes mutual trust and communication, and that provides competitive salaries and benefits, complete education and training, and a safe and comfortable workplace, that will make talented individuals want to stay with the company.
Getac believes that talent is one of the key factors for the growth of the corporation. The sense of happiness and achievement of employees can effectively stimulate the potential and kinetic energy of employees and enhance the overall competitiveness and combat power of the Company. In recent years, Getac has focused on improving the quality of education and training courses for helping employees more opportunities for learning and growth. Moreover, strives for employee recognition through strategic leadership and a more robust performance appraisal and salary system. On the other hand, Getac provides more benefit measures to care for the development of employees' physical and mental health to enhance employees' satisfaction with the Company.
In 2018, Getac Technology Corp. was awarded the honor of “HR Asia Best company to work for Asia 2018 Taiwan Edition and became one of the corporations most employees want to work in Taiwan! Not only in Taiwan, the US Branch was awarded the Small and Medium Enterprise of “Great Place to Work” for the second consecutive year in 2018, in all five categories of “Work Environment,” “Work and Leisure Balance,” “Company honor,” “Customer Satisfaction,” “Workplace Atmosphere,” the average satisfaction was 99%!
EQUALITY, HARMONY, AND CARE
- An Equal And Harmonious Workplace: With our people-centric approach, Getac endeavors to provide employees with a safe and friendly workplace. The company prohibits unequal treatment, discrimination, sexual harassment, and workplace bullying, and guarantees proper work hour management and protection of labor rights.
- Labor Practices: Employee work hour management and salary payments are in line with or better than regulatory standards and are subject to the inspection and supervision of competent authorities.
- Protect labor rights: Getac's production bases have all established union groups or labor management meetings in accordance with national laws, in order to promote formal dialogs between employers and employees through a collective bargaining mechanism. Around 80.44% of Getac employees are currently covered by collective agreements.
- Equal Job And Promotion Opportunities: With respect to employment and promotion, we hold to being fair and objective, taking into consideration individual competence, diversity, and localization when hiring or recruiting talented individuals. We also promote local economic development and employment opportunities, so as to provide everyone with equal career development opportunities. Ratio of local management was 69%, up 4% as compared to 2017.
- Balancing Employees' Physical And Mental Health: In order to promote the balance of employees' physical and mental health, the Staff Welfare Committee established the Social Club Application and Subsidy Regulations, allowing employees to submit applications to set up social clubs, upon the condition that 12 employees have agreed to join the club. In 2018, organized foosball competitions, table tennis matches, soccer matches and other sports events were organized to encourage employees to participate and there are Dragon Boat Festival packing rice dumpling, Winter Solstice rice ball and other festival celebration activities, expecting employees to relieve their work pressure and maintain their physical and mental health through participating in those activities.
- Freedom of Association: The Staff Welfare Committee has adopted the Social Club Application and Subsidy Regulations, which is disclosed on the company’s internal portal. A social club may be established if it involves legit leisure, cultural, and entertainment activities participated by 12 or more employees to encourage employees to keep fit and balance their work and leisure life.
- Employee Grievance Channel & Sexual Harassment Grievance Channel
HQ Sexual Harassment Grievance Channel
China : Speakout.email@example.com
Getac Perspective WeChat Platform
Salary and Benefits
- Compensation System: Empoyee remunerations are based on laws and regulations stipulated in Taiwan and China. Salary standards and extent of adjustments are not influenced by gender, race, religion, political affiliation, marital status, and union membership. The Remuneration Committee periodically participates in salary surveys to examine the association between employees’ salary and welfare measures and those of the market. Every year, employee bonus is appropriated according to the company’s business performance and is subject to the approval of the Board of Directors and resolution at the shareholders’ meeting. These measures are expected to attract, retain, and motivate outstanding employees.
- Wefare System: Comprehensive welfare measures are provided and arranged by the Welfare Committee. For employees working in Taiwan headquarters, the benefits include labor and health insurance, maternity and paternity leaves (or parental care leave), group insurance, birthday and festive gifts, club funding, employee travel subsidies, employee canteen, gym, English course subsidies, and breastfeeding room. These benefits are superior to the requirements set by the Labor Standards Act. To boost employees' relations with their families and children, movie screenings are held every quarter and employees' families are encouraged to participate. Kunshan employees are entitled to maternity and paternity leaves, leave for female employees to breastfeed their babies at home, and various social insurance protection in accordance with local laws and regulations. In addition to employee travel subsidies and birthday gifts, allowances based on employees' job position are also provided.
- Parental Care Leave: The Company has complied with the Act of Gender Equality in Employment and formulated the Regulations for Implementing Unpaid Parental Leave for Raising Children, which state that employees with one year or more of work experience at Getac can apply for a maximum of 2 years of unpaid parental care leave before their children turn three years-old. After the completion of their unpaid parental care leave, Getac will arrange for them to be reinstated and update them on the company's latest happenings.
- Retirement Plan: Retirement applications and approvals are based on the Labor Standard Act and the Labor Pension Act. In pursuant to relevant regulations, Getac files report and contributes pension to dedicated pension account of the Bank of Taiwan (applicable to the old pension system) or employees’ personal pension account (applicable to the new pension system).
Training and Talent Fostering
Getac is committed to create a good learning environment to encourage employees to participate in self-directed learning continuously. The Human Resources department plans talent blueprints to promote internal learning energy continuously. In addition to top-down education promotion, there are also internal lecturer learning camps, training internal lecturers, and expanding learning outcomes through sharing. In the training plan, set different learning objectives according to different stages. The learning goals for new employees are based on basic education, including the Company's internal regulations, complaints channel and regulatory compliance. For the employees working on the production line, the safety education and training shall be specifically emphasized. It is strictly required to complete the training and pass the tests in order to complete the hiring process. For the management positions, emphasis is placed on “leadership” and management training, including core management competence in “Planning, Organization, Leadership, Control, and Decision-making” to train the strategic thinking and insight.
Because Getac is focused on international businesses, therefore, the cultivation of language proficiency and understanding of international trends for employees are specifically emphasized. The Company encourages the progress of English proficiency, invests resources every year to encourage employees to pursue language proficiency learning, as well as participate “Test of English for International Communication” (TOEIC), and reward the employees with outstanding performances. In addition, the Company also emphasizes the understanding and learning of international law and regulations. In 2018, in addition to basic laws and regulations introductions, the Company also introduced anti-corruption and human rights training, sharing the international anti-corruption knowledge and human rights concepts to ensure that employees understanding the related behavioral regulations and universal values. For the security staff members, the security operator is required to implement the human rights course.
In 2018, Getac Technology Corp. employees received an average of 67.69 hours of education and training. Direct employees were trained for 72.27 hours, and indirect employees were trained for 58.5 hours without significant changes compared with that of in 2017. For the managerial employees, strengthen the guidance of mid to senior level managers in improving their professional competence to respond to the Company's five-year development plan, so the total annual average annual training hours increased by about 10 hours to 48.52 hours.
A Healthy And Safe Workplace
Protecting the occupational health and safety of employees is the basic responsibility required of a corporation. Safety first and cautious protection are our core values. All production bases have incorporated the OHSAS 18001 occupational safety certification management system, which defines clear regulations for operation practices that employees are to observe. These include labor management procedures, an environmental safety and health handbook, health regulations, and occupational illness prevention regulations, thereby providing a comprehensive set of measures aimed at protecting the health and safety of our employees. New employees of the plants are required to participate in the trainings of occupational safety, hazard, prevention courses, for the new employees failed the tests, they cannot complete the recruitment procedure.
Getac's management target is to achieve zero deaths and occupational illnesses. We continue to implement workplace health and safety management practices in the hope that all of our employees can work happily and return home safely. There were 24 reported cases of employees suffering disabling injuries in 2018. The disabling injury frequency rate (IR) was 0.20 (per 200,000 hours of work). There were no workplace fatalities, occupational illnesses reported in 2018.